Monday, July 29, 2019

Sra. Owen's top 10 de España

Ahora que mi tiempo en España va a acabar, quiero reflejar de mis memorias favoritas en el país.  Las mencionaré sin un orden particular.

Now that my time in Spain is about to come to an end, I want to reflect on my favorite memories in this amazing country.  I will mention them in no particular order.

1. El metro: 100 años de edad este año y es el sistema más eficaz y fácil para usar.   Me habría perdido sin ello.
 The metro: 100 years old and the easiest and most efficient to use.  I would have been lost without it.

2.  Dr. Ruíz: El director de MLSA y un hombre muy gracioso y humilde.  Es joven para su edad y llena de ánimo.  Ha habido más de 20.000 estudiantes que han estudiado aquí en España por él.  Gracias Dr. Ruíz por haberme ayudado mi sueño de estudiar en España una realidad.

Dr. Ruiz: The director of MLSA and such a humble and funny man.  He is young for his age but so full of life.  There has been more than 20,000 students who have studied in Spain because of him.  Thank you Dr. Ruiz for making my dream of studying in Spain a reality.

3. Las siestas: una de 30-45 minutos después de almuerzo es la mejor manera para descansar especialmente durante esta temporada calorosa


Siestas: 30-45 minute naps after lunch is the perfect way to rest especially during these hot season of weather.

4. Cafe con leche:  He tomado casi 2-3 veces cada día.  Es una necesidad entre las clases y solamente cuesta 90 céntimos en la cafeteria.
Coffee with milk: I probably drank it at least 2-3 times day.  It's a necessity between classes and only costs 90 cents in the cafeteria.

5. Las caminatas: Extrañaré las caminatas a las clases con mis compañeras y los paseos por la tarde explorando Madrid.  No necesitas un gimnasio porque Madrid es su propio gimnasio urbano.
our last walk to class
The walks:  I will miss the walks to class with my classmates and the walks in the afternoon exploring Madrid.  You do not need a gym since Madrid is its own urban one.

6. El Parque Retiro: Ha sido my parque favorito.  Podría ir allí cada día para caminar y descansar.  ¡Es muy hermoso!
Retiro Park: That has been my favorite park.  I could go there every day to walk and rest.  It's just so beautiful!

7. Asturias:  Es uno de los lugares más bellos y relajantes en España.  Su topografía es tan diversa y el clima es perfecto.  Me sueña de mi estado natal de Kentucky.  Los mariscos, especialmente el pulpo fue el mejor que he comido en mi vida.

Asturias:  It is one of the most gorgeous and relaxing places in Spain.  It's topography is so diverse and the weather is perfect.  It reminds me so much of Kentucky.  The seafood especially the octopus was the best I have ever eaten in my life.

8. Las tapas: Este costumbre no existe en Los Estados Unidos pero incluso meriendas y bebidas muy ricas acompañadas con conversaciones inolvidables con mis amigos.

         

The tapas:  They really are not snacks but mini meals in between lunch and dinner.  This custom does not exist in the U.S. and includes delicious snacks and drinks accompanied with unforgettable conversations with friends

9. Las clases de ELE: Variedades en Español y La Atención a La Forma y La Gramática En ELE:  Son mis favoritas y he aprendido mucho en esas clases.  Tengo un montón de recursos que voy a implantar en mis clases este año escolar.

The classes of Spanish for non native speaker of Varieties in Spanish and Form and Grammar in ELE were my favorite.  I learned so much and now have a ton of resources that I will implement in my classes this school year.

10. El Alhambra: Uno de los lugares más impresionantes y únicos en el mundo.   Este lugar me deja sin palabras.

The Alhambra:  One of the most impressive and unique places in the world.  These place leaves me speechless!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Mil Gracias al NSE

As I am finally home I am realizing it is such a bittersweet moment. I am glad to be reunited with my family but I have definitely left...